Arch Cottage is a beautiful, cosy and dog-friendly cottage which offers a perfect blend of contemporary and vintage style - each room featuring interesting antique finds alongside stylish modern furniture.
Dating back to the 1800s Arch Cottage is a characterful stone cottage, beautifully furnished to make it a real home from home, and located on a lane leading to country walks straight from the door.
In the welcoming lounge an elegant stove complements the rustic stone fireplace. Winding stairs lead up to the three peaceful bedrooms and the bright bathroom - with bath and separate shower. Luxurious Egyptian cotton bedding and soft fluffy white towels add to your comfort.
The fully equipped wooden kitchen boasts a range cooker and comfortable dining table seating six, so entertaining with family or friends is always a pleasure. The kitchen leads to a bright garden room with comfy vintage sofa that overlooks the attractive west-facing courtyard garden - complete with pretty summerhouse, a variety of outdoor seating/dining areas and gas BBQ.
Other essentials - such as superfast WiFi, smart TV, gas central heating, dishwasher and washer dryer - are all provided, along with a tasty welcome hamper including local treats.
Conveniently located in the centre of Blakeney and walking distance to the village shop, the local church, the fish and chip shop and the Cock Inn pub. Arch Cottage is just a stone's throw from the ancient Forest of Dean and perfectly placed to enjoy a wide variety of activities.
- Enjoy a picnic or a stroll with your dog by Blakeney Straits stream in Wenchford, Mallards Pike lake or picturesque Cannop Ponds.
- Visit Beechenhurst for the famous Sculpture Trail, bike trails, climbing tower and cafe.
- Cycle hire is available at several places in the forest and there are trails for all abilities including challenging downhill MTB ones.
- Step back into forest history at the Dean Heritage Centre, Clearwell Caves or Hopewell Colliery.
- Other local attractions include Dean Forest and Perrygrove railways, Puzzlewood, Go Ape!
- There are lots of great eateries (most dog-friendly) such as the Speech House Hotel, The Rising Sun at Moseley Green, The Globe at Alvington, The Woodman and The Fountain Inn at Parkend, and for fish-lovers The Severn and Wye Smokery.
- The Forest is a popular location choice in lots of recent TV and film productions, so you can even follow a filming trail.
- For the more adventurous you could choose to go climbing, canoeing or paddle boarding
All in all, Arch Cottage offers a fantastic base for your holiday whatever to choose to do, and is a very welcoming home from home at the end of your busy days enjoying the local delights.
Conveniently located in the centre of Blakeney, Arch Cottage is near to the well-stocked shop, church, post office, popular fish and chip shop and a local pub. Perfectly placed on the fringes of the ancient Forest, with excellent WiFi and spoilt for choice on activities, attractions and eateries to complete your stay.
- Number of Units:
|Unit Type||Unit Tariff*|
|Arch Cottage sleeps 5||£750.00 per unit per week|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Barbecue - Gas BBQ
- Children welcome
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Washing machine
- Free WIFI
- Secure cycle storage - Robust bike rack to front of cottage. please bring own locks
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Sleeps up to 6 - Sleep 5/6 in 3 bedrooms - super-king or twin in Bedroom 1, double in bedroom 2 and single in bedroom 3. Single bedroom also has additional full-size single pullout bed (available on request) Also provided - travel cot.
- Free Parking - Alongside white wall of neighbouring property - ensuring pavement not blocked.
- On street/public parking - Just around the corner in free small residential car park
- Dogs Accepted - Two well-behaved small-medium dog welcome. Dogs not allowed upstairs or on furniture. No puppies/teething dogs please.
- Non-smoking property
- WiFi or internet access
- Hairdryer - Two hairdryers provided
- King-sized bed - Super-king bed option in largest bedroom. Can also be set as twin single beds.
- Radio - Digital radios both upstairs and downstairs
- Satellite TV - Smart TV with Netflix access. Please bring own password
- Shower - Separate walk-in shower as well as shower attachment in bath
- Television - Smart TV with Netflix access. Please bring own password
- Garden - Enclosed courtyard garden with selection of seating areas. Summerhouse and gas BBQ
- Accepts groups
- Hen/Stag Dos Welcome - No stag dos
- Regional and Miscellaneous Quality in Tourism - 4 Star Award 2023
|Open New Year|
* Available for bookings all year round - from 3 nights to 2 weeks. Please ask regarding longer stays.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.