Book Tickets Online
Take a magical 8.5 mile trip through the medieval forest to Parkend on The Dean Forest Railway. Experience the sight, sounds and smells of travel on a rural branch railway operated by steam trains - with some heritage diesel services.
There is free parking, cafeteria, museum and gift shop at Norchard station. There are also stations at Parkend, Whitecroft, Lydney Town and Lydney Junction where it is possible to join the train.
You pay once & can ride all day, stations are near real ale pubs, park, shops, footpaths and cycle paths, with longer walks to the restored Lydney Docks and RSPB Nagshead.
- Check the website for operating days and timetables.
- The Railway also runs family events and dining trains.
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- On-site light refreshments
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Facilities for educational visits
- Facilities for groups
- Free Parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Gift shop
- School Trips
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted
- 5 Food Standards Hygiene
|Season (19 Mar 2023 - 1 Jan 2024)|
* Steam services running on Wednesdays and weekends.