Book Tickets Online
The St Briavels parish curch of St Mary is situated directly in front of the the Norman castle. The church also has Norman origins and was built around 1144. Originally built in a cruciform plan with a central tower and long chancel it was enlarged in the 13th century. The original tower was removed in 1830 and a new tower built over the south porch. Fortunately the Norman arches that supported the central tower were retained.