Book Tickets Online
We are a National Lottery Heritage Fund Landscape Partnership programme, formed from an association of 32 local partner organisations and community groups within the Forest of Dean. Our aim is to raise awareness and participation in the built, natural and cultural heritage that makes the forest special.
We have produced some excellent walking routes, in printed and digital app formats, to help you explore the hidden heritage of the Forest of Dean and its beautiful landscape.
Try these walking routes and trails:
- Hidden Heritage of the Dean – download this free app to follow a 9-mile route around Forestry England’s Family Cycle Trail. Download from Google Play Store or Apple iStore
- Coleford’s Hidden Heritage – this free app helps you explore a 7-mile route around the historic market town of Coleford. Download from Google Play Store or Apple iStore
- Cinderford's Hidden Heritage - download this free app to explore a 12-mile route around Cinderford and the surrounding area. Download from Google Play Store or Apple iStore
- Geo Heritage of the Dean - this free app provides 10 walk routes exploring the geology, coal and iron mining heritage of the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. Introducing us to the rocks beneath the Forest and exploring ‘deep time’. Download from Google Play Store or Apple iStore
- Bream Heritage Walk – a 6-mile walking route around Bream following either a free downloadable map or printed leaflet with map
- Walking with Wheels – mobility scooter ‘Tramper’ fully accessible routes within the Forest of Dean, running from The Speech House Hotel and Forest Holidays, near Symonds Yat.
You are also welcome to join us in a range of activities, volunteering opportunities and events until end March 2022. Visit our website to learn about all the heritage projects we are running and the ways in which you can get involved.
Our Forest, our community, Foresters’ Forest.
Booking & Payment Details
- Free Entry
- Dogs Accepted
- Accepts groups
* Many locations are open at all times, without charge. Look out for special events and activities.