Oakwood is a 100 year old semi-detached cottage set in the heart of the beautiful woodlands of the Cannop Valley Nature Reserve. The family cycle trail starts 200 metres from the cottage. Beechenhurst Picnic site and Sculpture Trail is a ten minute woodland walk away and the beautiful Cannop Ponds a fifteen minute woodland walk.
The cottage is centrally located with the towns of Coleford 4 miles and Cinderford 5 miles away. Oakwood Cottage is fully central heated with electric storage heaters. The lounge has provision for an open fire on request. Electricity, bed linen and Wi-Fi are included in the rental of the cottage. The cottage has off road parking. Wi-Fi coverage is available throughout.
The cottage has a large garden with a raised decked patio area complete with patio furniture and barbecue. We have a bird feeding station which hosts a large variety of wild birds such as Woodpeckers, Nuthatches, and Finches.
The cottage is 100 yards from the start of the cycle track and The Forest of Dean Cycle Centre at Cannop, there is a storage shed for those who wish to bring their own cycles. The start of the Sculpture Trail and the Beechenhurst picnic area is approximately a 10 minute walk through the woods.
The town of Coleford lies on 3 miles away where the nearest Nearest Supermarkets are situated. Another Forest town, Cinderford is just 4 miles away.
The accommodation consists of:
- Spacious fully fitted Kitchen with built in oven with ceramic hob, dishwasher, fridge freezer and microwave oven.
- Shower room with enclosed shower, W.C. and washbasin.
- Dining Room with a large table seating up to eight people, with views over the decked patio, garden and woodland.
- Lounge with satellite television, DVD player and payphone, with woodland views. The fireplace has an electric fire but can be opened up on request for an open fire.
- One double bedroom: Double bed, wardrobe with views of the back garden and woodlands.
- Twin bedroom: Twin beds, dressing table, wardrobe with woodland view.
- Single bedroom: Single bed, wardrobe and woodland view.
- Bathroom: With bath, overhead shower, W.C and washbasin.
- An open tread spiral staircase leads to the attic room with a double bed, wardrobe with en-suite shower room with enclosed shower, W.C. and washbasin.
- Number of Units:
|Unit Type||Unit Tariff*|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Children welcome
- Microwave cooker
- Central heating
- Free WIFI
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Sleeps up to 10
- Free Parking on Site
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- 3 Visit England Stars Self-catering
* Open all year.