Unparalleled views of dreaming Tintern Abbey, multi prizewinning 18C stylish and warmly welcoming luxury character cottage with every convenience from superfast WiFi to an electric car charger.. Ideal for reunions, significant birthdays, honeymoons, families. Sleeping 6 in three bedrooms. Each bedroom can be set up as a superking double bed or as a pair of twins according to your requirements. Two bathrooms, spacious dining room, Range cooker Free superfast WiFi. Very comprehensively equipped throughout. Pet friendly. Lockable cycle storage and Electric car charging point
Proud winner of Best Self Catering Place to Stay in Wales 2018 and 2010
Winner of Best Self Catering in SE Wales 2020 ( so top 4 in Wales before Covid stopped the National Final awards)
Best Visitor Welcome in Wales 2015
Best Monmouthshire Hospitality Business 2015 and again in 2016
Best Eco Business Forester Awards 2016
- Range cooker,
- 5 Flatscreen TVs. Ipod docks. Bluetooth speaker
- Free superfast Broadband WiFi
- BT Vision TV with BT Sport and HD.
- Two sparkling bathrooms, one en-suite. Whirlpool bath and dinnerplate head shower.
- Lavendered high quality linens, towels.
- Flagged floors downstairs, carpets in bedrooms.,
- CH included , woodburner., logs always available( extra charge)
- Bike/golf club store.Fully secure from Spring 2022
- Private Off road parking for 3 cars, 4 at a push
- Rear Garden fully fenced ( large front garden unfenced due to fabulous view) with furniture and terrace
- Very inclusive prices with no extras - just logs or landline phone or car charging are extra if required.
- Travel cot, highchair,stairgate, in bath baby seat and other infant equipment available free of charge.
- Walking distance to several pubs, eateries, vineyard , brewery and wedding venues!
Pet welcome Rear garden fenced.
Brilliant walking from the doorstep including riverbank, forest and Offas Dyke walks. Wye Valley Walk , Monmouthshire Way and Tintern Trail directly adjoin the property.
A few minutes drive brings you to numerous attractions including popular venues such as Caldicot Castle and Chepstow Racecourse (both have big concerts as well as the obvious events) .
Bus stops at the bottom of the drive to Chepstow or Monmouth making liner riverbank walking very easy or try the fully off road Greenway to and from Chepstow.
Excellent geocaching base.
Credit cards accepted.
Stay for a whole week or a short break. A couples discount is often available out of school holidays
Availability is up to date and correct . For more info see our own website - click though( and we will also quote for your stay if you have trouble finding a price for the duration you require.)
Winner of Wales National Tourism Award 2018 and 2010 for the Best Self Catering Place to Stay in Wales.
Recommended by the Sunday Times , Pet Friendly magazine and The Lady magazine .
Winner Best Tourism and Hospitality Business Monmouthshire Business Awards 2015 and again 2016
Convenient - Idyllic - Immaculate
Sister Cottage to Foxes Reach (2 miles away) also sleeps 6 and has its own hot tub.
- Welcome to Tintern Abbey Cottage
- Number of Units:
|Unit Type||Unit Tariff*|
|Tintern Abbey Cottage||£150.00 per unit per night|
*Price varies according to party size, date and duration of stay.
In winter there are basic prices for a party of 2 with supplements for each extra person on some dates. This gives a reduction over the full house price for 6.
Prices vary from about £350 for a very low season 3 night break for 2, to approx £1500 for a whole week at the highest seson for a party of 6 . There are no hidden extras. heating, WiFi, towels, linen etc all included. Full details on website.
- Electric car charging point
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Part-time wheelchair users - The cottage is not suitable for a wheelchair indoors however the downstairs bedroom has worked well for those with a zimmer frame or sticks who only use a chair outside. Please note the downstairs bathroom has a shower over the bath not a walk in shower. Our seating tends to be low. Please see the full access statement on the Monmouthshire Cottages website or discuss your needs with the owner. We would rather turn you away than have any disappointment.
Booking & Payment Details
- Advance booking essential
- American Express accepted
- Christmas special programme - The cottage is fully decorated for Christmas and New year with a real decorated tree, wreath, lighting and lots of pretty extras for which there is no extra charge. The same items are available for all of December except not the tree which comes in only before Christmas itself as real trees dont like too much central heating!
- Euros accepted
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Foodshop/mobile foodshop - There is a grocery shop across the road next to Tintern Abbey plus supermarkets will deliver to the cottage. These services are not owned or controlled by the cottage owners .
- Children welcome
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Cooker - Full range cooker. 5 hob rings, grill, 2 ovens
- Microwave cooker
- Oven - Full range cooker. 5 hob rings, grill, 2 ovens
- Central heating - Air source heat pump in operation all year controlled by thermostats. Guests can control radiators in each room..
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in French - Very good conversational skills. Probably bad grammar!
- Staff fluent in German - Good conversational skills. probably poor grammar.
- Drying facilities
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Washing machine
- Free WIFI
- Health/beauty facilities onsite
- Kit cleaning area
- Secure cycle storage - Lockable storage suitable for approx 2 cycles or the eqivalent volume of other kit is available. A hose can be provided for the outside tap to wash bikes etc.. The floor of the store gets wet in wet weather but it is also suitable for hard suitcases etc.
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Conference facilities - Small conferences welcome. The dining room can cope with a meeting of about 10 people max by arrangement. Meetings are usually in conjunction with overnight staysin the cottage. The cottage has been very successfully used for small board meetings, and discreet interviews and negotiations.Parking for 4 to 5 cars. Catering can be arranged though there are plenty of eateries in the village.
- Sleeps up to 6
- EV Charging
- Free Parking
- Free Parking on Site
- Private parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Non-smoking property
- Pet Friendly
- Totally non-smoking
- WiFi or internet access
- Wood Burner
- CD player
- DVD player
- Ground floor bedroom
- King-sized bed - All three bedrooms have zip and link beds. This means guests can select in advance whether each room should be set up as a 6ft superking or as a pair of 3ft twin beds.
- Scenic view
- Spa bath
- Super King-Size Beds - Each bedroom can be arranged as a superking bed or as a pair of twins. Please request your selection when booking.
- Telephone - Most mobile phones work in the cottage however a landline can be provided against a credit card on request.
- Television - 5 TVs in the house.
- Building of historical interest
- Eco-Friendly - The property has Air Source heating and LED lighting together with the use of eco friendly paints and waste systems. The Gold dtandard Green Tourism award was held but the annual badge renewal was dropped due to the renewal costs. However the standard is maintained. All cleaning products were green until the advent of covid when other things have had to be used for safety.It is hoped to return to the green options asasp.
- 5 Visit Wales Stars
- Other Awards WorldHost 2016
- Visit Wales Visit Wales Cyclists Welcome 2020
- Visit Wales Visit Wales Walkers Welcome 2020
- Green Tourism Green Tourism Gold Award 2020
|Open New Year|
* Open all year.
Self Catering Self Assessment
Parking for Single unit properties:
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.